Orthodontic Health Month
October is National Orthodontic Health Month, started in 1995 by the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) to benefit current and future orthodontic patients through public education. In honor of that celebration, we would like to remind you of a few important facts about orthodontics
- Orthodontists are highly trained specialists who “partner” with your dentist to provide you with the best oral health care.
- Orthodontists complete an additional 2-3 years of orthodontic residency after dental school.
- The AAO suggests children be evaluated for possible early treatment by age 7.
- It is estimated that one of every five patients in orthodontic treatment is over the age of 18.
- Most importantly, these are not your mother’s braces! Today’s braces are more comfortable, can be nearly invisible and move teeth at a faster speed!
Visit our website, ghoshortho.com for more details on orthodontics.
We believe that no matter what, there is so much to smile for. Now, thanks to our virtual consultations, there…
Dr. Sam Ghosh, an orthodontic expert in Pottsville, understands the complexity of wearing braces. While traditional metal braces are ideal…
Posted on: March 13th, 2013 by Ghosh Team Looking for Orthodontic Treatment for children, teens and adults in the Greater…