Dental conditions that may warrant braces
- Openbite – Often caused by thumb-sucking, this condition occurs when the top and bottom front teeth do not overlap. Eating or speech difficulty may occur.
- Overbite – When you suffer from upper front teeth protrusion, or a condition where the top front teeth overlap the bottom front teeth, it is called an overbite. Sometimes, the bottom teeth can even bite into the roof of the mouth causing gum damage.
- Underbite – When the lower jaw extends beyond the upper jaw, the lower front teeth protrude in front of the upper front teeth. It can cause premature tooth wear when left untreated.
- Crowding – When teeth have insufficient to grow from the gums, they become crowded. This can often be treated by expansion without tooth loss.
- Spacing – Missing teeth often cause spacing. Other causes include small teeth or a tongue that pushes against the teeth.
- Crossbite – This occurs when the upper teeth do not align correctly with the corresponding lower tooth. Teeth are either too close to the cheek or the tongue. The problem may include one or many teeth. Without treatment, jaw misalignment may result.
- Impacted teeth – When a permanent tooth cannot grow into its normal position, it becomes impacted. The tooth remains stuck in the gum and may cause pain or damage to the tooth’s root. These teeth usually need immediate attention to avoid root damage.
With today’s technology, there are more options for orthodontic repair than ever before. Often, traditional braces with noticeable wire and metal brackets can be avoided. Invisalign and Invisalign Teen are completely invisible options that allow you to have all of your favorite foods during treatment. Damon and Insignia systems have discreet comfortable options that are easy to wear.
If you have one of these conditions, there are several treatment options. Call our office today at 855-712-8973 to experience expert care for your initial consultation and assessment.